Friday, June 22, 2012

Moab: day 3: crazy adventures

Today we did poison spider in the jeeps. The first group started at 6 am, and planned on being back by 10... At the latest. Little did we know it would take about 6 hours longer than that.

We started and finished the run with no problems. But when we got to the top to turn back, bishops serpentine belt something- or- other fell off and broke. The best part is that Gary and my dad had to drive two and a half hours back into town to get a tiny nut that was lost when it fell off. So they left us at the top with a little food, water, and shade... For four hours... In 100 degree weather. It was awful/ exciting.

They finally got back and rescued us. They even brought us food, which we had run out of (mostly because me, Jill, and Kade fed all the granola bars to Otis, our bluejay). Bish told us they would have it fixed by the time we were done eating, but nope. It took 2 more hours.

Anyway, we finally made it down the mountain. And you wanna know the first thing I did?? I got naked and jumped in the river. Jk. I put spanks and a tank on and then jumped. We bathed and floated and had a grand time. Then I lotioned up, got the sand out of my crevices, and now I'm in my bloody hot tent writing this lovely post.



.....and she smelled of river, sand, sweat, and laughter, loving it the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment