Sunday, December 9, 2012

Homecomings

Elder Scott's mission homecoming talk



What a perfect person to talk when I myself am thinking about going on my mission in a few short months. He has grown immensely in the gospel- it's amazing what a mission can do for a young man. He spoke with such power and passion that he brought me to tears. Not even for a specific reason, his authority just brought the spirit in so strongly. He got me to think "I can't wait for my turn".
He said something that really hit me: you are sent to a mission completely unique to who you are; what you look like, how you act, your personality and characteristics, your strengths and your weaknesses. You are sent to specific places solely for specific people. Whether that's for one or two or 10,000, it's for them. A mission is so personal.
He went to NJ for two people. I wonder who I'll be going for....?


Faith is a principle of action and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment