Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Contentment: it's been a whirlwind, but I've come out on top.

[[Over the last several months, I've come to know, understand, and love the word "contentment". I thought I knew what that was, but not until I felt it alone- on my own- did I truly appreciate it.]]

I made the decision to quit Drill Team on Monday. I was filled with anger, frustration, uncertainty, and angst. My wonderful, loving, and... Incredible coach didn't have anything bad to say to the two of us. Not even when her two third years came to quit did she lose her cool. She said she loved us, and still would no matter our decision. (she's sneaky, very sneaky. She's very very good at using her words. I secretly think she knew she'd win us over).

I was so SURE I was going to quit- be done forever. I was ready to throw it all away and step outside, all alone into the world of Highschool and independency. But. I just felt... OFF. Like I thought I knew my prayers had been answered, but really, I was just lying to myself.

After tonight, after performing and supporting dance co, I saw that I could NEVER give that up. Not until I finished out the year right.

It's going to be hard. I know I'm going to wish I had quit many times throughout the year, but it'll be worth it. There's a reason I feel at peace with this decision versus my decision to quit. It's because this is RIGHT. I'm a Cavette. Plain and simple. Always will be.

Believe it, achieve it, Cavettes!

1 comment:

  1. Chlo, you inspire me to be better, you're an amazing person and I love you so much. Thanks for changing your mind, cause I don't know what I would've done without you.

    ReplyDelete